Do you have questions about the ski area and the start of the winter season 2020-2021? Find our special ski area F.A.Q. >>
Our organisation is committed to ensuring that the mountains remain a pleasure
In preparation for the winter season, we have ensured everything is in place to provide the warmest welcome whilst respecting the current hygiene regulations.
Find full details of all hygiene measures below.
Opening of our ski area
Following the Prime Minister's announcements on December 11, 2020, the ski area could open to the general public on January 7, 2021.
UNTIL 7TH OF JANUARY 2021
Pré la Joux treadmill access
As the treadmills are not considered as “ski lifts” within the meaning of Article L. 342-7 of the Tourism Code, the Pré Joux treadmill is accessible from December 19, 2020 for all skiers with a transport ticket and equipped only with alpine skiing. Pedestrians are not allowed.
The health protocol of the SAEM Sports and Tourism company is applied in order to enforce the wearing of a mask and the distance between users.
Limitation of users authorized to use the ski lifts
As part of government decisions related to the COVID 19 pandemic, access to the ski lifts is prohibited to the public. (Decree n ° 2020-1519 of December 4 and published in the Official Journal of December 5, 2020)
Only the following categories of users are authorized to use the Linga cable car:
- professionals in the exercise of their activity
- high level skiing
- underage practitioners licensed within a sports association affiliated to the French Ski Federation.
THIS WINTER IN CHÂTEL, I SKI … AND I FOLLOW THE DISTANCING REGULATIONS!
Masks must be worn in ski lift queues by all skiers from 11yrs.
There is no occupancy limit on the ski lifts.
Hand sanitising gel available at lift pass offices
Follow physical distancing regulations in queues
Regular disinfection of contact zones
If you had already booked your skipass for December or January, an email has been sent to let us know which of these two compensation options you choose:
- A credit note for the value of your ski-pass(es) in the form of a code, to be used in deduction from the amount of your next order on our website www.skipass-chatel.com, until April 24, 2022
- A refund of the amount of your unused ski-pass (es)
SPECIAL TERMS OF CANCELATION WINTER SEASON 2020-2021
1) 2020/2021 Chatel Liberté and Portes du Soleil lifts passes (are not included half price lift passes sold the 26th may 2020 the day of the flash sale) – cancellation without any particular condition for purchase until the 18th of December 2020 end refund minus 50 € per skipass as administrative fees.
2) Regarding Chatel Liberté and Portes du Soleil daily lift passes (and from 1 to 15 consecutive days lift passes):
- Cancellation and full refund without any conditions if purchase until 15 days before the validity start date of the lift pass, subject to booking before 19/12/2020.
- Cancellation and full refund if purchase until 1 day before the validity start date of the lift pass in case the holidays have to be cancelled for any reason due to the COVID 19 pandemic (contagion proved health emergency, containment in the country of residence or destination, quarantine measures or bordure closures on documentary evidence such as medical certificate, employee certification…) subject to booking before 19/12/2020.
SPECIFIC REPAYMENT TERMS - WINTER SEASON 2020-2021
In case of administrative closure of the full Portes du Soleil ski resort due to pandemic during more than 15 consecutive days, the Chatel Liberté and Portes du Sleil lif passes may be subject of a refund or a credit note:
• For the 2020/2021 season lift passes: a credit note or a refund based on the number of closing weeks multiplicate bye the lift pass season price paid by the client.
• Regarding the 1 to 15 consecutive days: a credit note or a refund on the prorate temporis of unused days, based on the price paid by the client.
• For the daily pass: a credit note or a refund of the unused lift passes based on the price paid by the client..
Any request for compensation relating to articles 5-6 and 7 must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to SAEM Sports et Tourisme - 281 route de Thonon – 74390 CHATEL within 30 days of the end of the ticket’s validity. Beyond this period, requests will not be processed.
Retrouvez ici toutes vos infos personnels, numéros de cartes, point bonus